Fort Collins / Greeley, Colorado Business Attorney
Greeley Civil Litigation and Business Attorney, Robert J. Herrera’s legal practice focuses on all areas of complex civil litigation in Federal District Court for the District of Colorado which includes ERISA, Fair Labor Standards Act, and violation of federal employment law. Mr. Herrera’s state court practice focuses on business litigation, breach of contract, breach of warranty, wrongful termination, real estate, property disputes and homeowner association matters. He also routinely deals with complex business and real estate matters including mergers and acquisitions, business transactions, business formation, management and dissolutions, land use planning, real estate development and related issues.
Mr. Herrera obtained his undergraduate degree in finance from the University of Denver, a Masters Degree from in Taxation from the University of Denver Graduate Tax Program, and his Juris Doctorate from the University of Denver College of Law.
At the conclusion of his time at DU, Mr. Herrera returned to his home town of Greeley, Colorado and began proudly serving the legal needs of Fort Collins, Denver, Windsor, Boulder, Loveland, Greeley and Grand Junction residents, businesses and government entities. Mr. Herrera continues to proudly serve and successfully represent individuals and businesses found all across the Northern Colorado Front Range.
Mr. Herrera has progressed from a staff lawyer with the largest law firm in Northern Colorado to an Associate lawyer in 2008, Senior Litigation Partner in 2011 and Managing Partner in 2012 with Hagen & Melusky, Inc. Civil Litigation and Business Attorney, Robert J. Herrera worked on numerous, complex, civil litigation cases at the law firm of Coan, Payton & Payne, LLC from 2015-2016. Mr. Herrera is currently the law practicing owner and manager of Black Suit Law.
Mr. Herrera believes in higher education and the continuation of learning and to that end teaches business law as an adjunct Professor of Business Law at the Monfort College of Business, University of Northern Colorado. Mr. Herrera has been a professor in business law since 2006.
University of Denver, B.S., B.A. (Finance), Juris Doctorate, LL.M. (Taxation)
- BizWest 40-under-40, 2016
- Greeley Tribune 20-under-40, 2015
- Windsor Now! Reader’s Choice Award for Best Attorney, 2011
- Kimberly Hayes Outstanding Professor Award, 2008
- Greeley Chamber of Commerce, Exempt V. Non-exempt Employees – new law overview, October, 2016
- Windsor, CO – Business Law Retreat, Top 10 Business Mistakes, November, 2015
- Business Survival Summit, Denver, Colorado, October 2011
- Greeley/Weld SBDC, Legal Contracts: A Necessity, June, 2011, Legalities of the Small Business, November 2008
- Byron White Inns of Court, Are you Smarter than a Fourteenth Grader, October 2008, International Choice of Entity, Establishing the Non-U.S. Company and Venue Choices in Cross-Border Disputes, February 2007
- Carbon Valley Chamber of Commerce, Business Choice of Entity and Introduction to Contracts, May 2007
Northern Colorado Business Report, The Most Common Mistakes Made in Business Leases, June 29, 2012, Volume 17, Issue 21
Board of Director for the following organizations:
- Kids for Kayla
- Northeast-East Central Colorado Small Business Development Center
Former Board of Director for the following organizations:
- Child Advocacy Resources and Education, Realizing our Community
- Weld County Bar Association
- West Point Homeowners Association